It’s the second week of spring and while the weather does seem typical of the season – sunny but cool on the one hand and then rainy, chilly and windy the next – it can get a little bit tricky to get your outfit right for the day, let alone the season. And like every other season, in every other year, there’s bound to be some seasonal trends that pop up, each time. Instead of fussing over what’s on-trend for spring, I’ve decided to share with you some essential items for your spring wardrobe, to make life a little easier.
Spring Wardrobe Essentials
- Shirt Dresses – I think shirt dresses are the ultimate in “lazy girl” dressing. A sure fire way to look smart, thanks to a collared style, and you can dress it up or down with or without a belt! In spring, wear it with a pair of leggings and ankle boots – the other two spring essential items.
1. ^ASOS Curve Shirt Dress $73, 2. ^Glassons Printed Shirt Dress $39.99, 3. ^Oasis Military Shirt Dress $91
4. ^Boohoo Paisley Printed Shirt Dress $40.00
- Tunics – It seems that looser styles are the way to go when it comes to spring. Easy and breezy I say! Tunics are great with skinny pants or jeans and even our essential pair of leggings. Yet another fabulous base to build your layers with this season.
1. ^Love Your Wardrobe Long Line Tunic $55.96, 2. ^Katies Long Line Tunic $29.95, 3. ^Boohoo Off Shoulder Tunic $24.00, 4. ^ASOS Sleeveless Tunic $52.00
This is when you CAN wear your ^legg^ings as pants, but only with a longer top, like a loose tunic or the shirt dress I mentioned above.
- Cardigans – Spring is the perfect time for light layers and this is where a cardigan or two will come in handy.
1 ^Boyfriend Cardigan $60.00, 2. ^Glassons Basic Cardigan $29.99 , 3. ^Katies Cardigan $49.95
- Vests/Waistcoats – Yet another piece of clothing that you can layer without feeling overheated when the weather does warm up. There are lots on offer now, from denim vests to long line knitted vests. Great over tunics and shirt dresses.
1. ^Glassons Long Line Vest $29.99, 2. ^ASOS Denim Vest $28.50
- Light-weight Scarves – Keep out the chill with a lightweight printed scarf. This not only protects your neck from the blustery winds but also gives a lovely touch of “fun” with the prints.
1. ^Boohoo Printed Skinny Scarf $12.00, 2. ^Glassons Lightweight Printed Scarf $10.00, 3. ^Katies Pom Pom Scarf $24.95, 4. ^ASOS Floral Scarf $26.00
- Parka/Anorak – Say goodbye to the bulky puffer jackets and hello to lightweight anoraks and parkas. A layer you can whip on and off easily over your cardigan and vest when the weather starts getting too wet and windy.
1. ^New Look Utility Parka $63, 2. ^May The Label Anorak $89.40 , 3. ^ASOS Parka $62.00
- Ankle Boots – Keep your feet warm yet not overly hot with ankle boots. Choose from peep toes – got to get those nails polished! – or simple Chelsea style boots.
1. ^Bonbons Mesh Ankle Peep Toe Boots $149.95, 2. ^Lipstick Ankle Boots $89.95 3. ^Glassons Peep Toe Chelsea Boots $49.99 , 4. ^Owen Tan Boots $199.95
With these essential pieces for spring, dressing up each day could not be any easier!
^Denotes affiliate links, sales from which will earn me a small commission but is at no extra cost to you.