I know I said that I’ll be sharing my gift guides on Saturdays, but I thought seeing that we’re way past the middle of November, I should include an extra one (or two) each week. Just to speed up the process. Today it’s all about beauty, skincare and fragrance that I think would suit a lot of tastes and price points.
When it comes to beauty, I’d suggest to keep it simple. Stick to gift sets that takes the guess work out of choosing which products to get.
1. Colour Theory Eye-Full Palette $12 – Available at Amcal Pharmacies, this little palette is not only budget friendly but has all the standard colours that one can experiment with.
2. **Sally Hansen Miracle Gel rrp$19.95 – I tried the miracle gel, which has an easy two-step application without the trouble of using LED lights. The colour lasts for at least a week, without chipping or fading.
3. Revlon Whimsical Gift Set rrp$29.95 – Exclusive to Priceline, this gift set comprises of 3 ColorBurst Matte Balm and 2 Lacquer Balm. (sold out online but do check out in-store).
4. Face of Australia Eye Do Palette rrp$10 – Newly released by Face of Australia, there are two palettes to choose from; **Afternoon Delights featuring neutral shades and **Party Nights, which features darker shades to create that sultry smokey eye. Each palette comes with a set of falsies, three shades and a mascara.
1. **Benefit Cosmetics Holiday Big 10 rrp$69 – This set features 10 of their best selling items; The POREfessional, They’re Real Mascara, Sun Beam, Stay Don’t Stray, BadGal Lash mascara, Instant Comeback Serum, Dandelion, Ooh La Lift, “That Gal” & Posietint, all in miniature fun size.
2. **Benefit Sweet Tintations rrp$50 – A set of four of Benefit’s favourite tints; their Benebalm, Lollibalm, Benetint and Lollitint in this cute little box.
3. **Models Prefer Read My Lips rrp$20 – Get the whole set of lip crayons with 10 colours, from nude right through to bold pinks and reds.
4. **Lanolips Limited Edition Ballerina Tin rrp$19.99 – Lanolips have always been known for their gorgeous lip and hand balms. This limited edition ballerina tin includes their famous ointment and hand balm, making it an ideal gift.
5. **Barry M Eyeshadow & Blush Palette rrp$12.50 – Yet another palette, great for those who prefer neutral shades. This one comes together with a blush, making it easier for that novice to play with colours.
Another set of gift packs put together and this time I’ve picked products or brands that I’ve tried and tested previously.
1. **BioElixia BodyShaper Multi Purpose Rescue Pack rrp$9.95 – This pack contains 3 20ml of the rescue balms. Known to help soothe and calm the skin, this is perfect for after-sun care, dry parched skin, and so much more. Perfect for travel, in the handbag or at your desk!
2. **Dermalogica “Our Favourites” rrp$53.33 – Being a huge fan of Dermalogica, this pack comprises of 5 of their popular products. There’s the PreCleanse, Multi-Active Toner, Skin Hydrating Booster, Gentle Cream Exfoliant and SkinPerfect Primer – all in handy travel size.
3. **Nuxe Love From Paris rrp$79.95 – An absolutely luxurious skin and body care set, this features their gorgeous dry oil, which could be used from head to toe, their eye cream and hand cream.
4. **Sukin Gorgeous Getaways rrp$24.99 – Yet another favourite brand of mine is this set by Sukin. It has 5 products, all in a handy travel size too. Perfect for the gym or a short getaway. The pack has shampoo and conditioner, facial moisturiser, cream cleanser and a hydrating mist toner.
5. **Lancome Advanced Genifique Gift Set rrp$100 – This pack contains the iconic Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate; one of my ever favourite serums, the day cream, eye cream and light pearl. All in trial sizes, perfect for those looking to try out the range.
I had a really hard time picking some of my favourite fragrances, but I’ve pared it down to only 7. Honestly, I could add a few more but these are just some which not only has amazingly unique scents but also impressive packaging.
1. Viktor & Rolf Bonbon rrp$199 – One of the more extravagantly priced fragrances but one of my absolute favourites. The perfect scent for those who enjoyed Flowerbomb. This has a gorgeous mix of mandarin and orange, with subtle caramel notes.
2. **Marc Jacobs Dot rrp$69 – Choosing my favourite Marc Jacobs perfume is like telling me to choose my favourite child. But, Dot trumps all of those I’ve tried previously. The fragrance is deliciously floral but not sickeningly sweet. A fabulous mix of red berries, honeysuckle and dragonfruit, with vanilla to tone down the sweetness.
3. **Florabotanica rrp$119 – While the name says “flora”, you don’t get that sweet scent of flowers from this fragrance. Instead it’s a soft mix of musk, mint and carnation as its top notes. It has a seductive scent that is mild yet sensual.
4. **Katy Perry Oh So Sheer rrp$59 – A much softer version of the original Killer Queen, Oh So Sheer features a more fruity scent, which is great for everyday day time wear.
5. **Lady Gaga Eau De Gaga rrp$69 – Newly launched in September, this fragrance is an interesting mix of masculine and feminine scent. I fell in love with this the moment I sprayed it on myself. While it does have a “leathery” scent, the citrus notes and slight floral note tends to make it a little bit less masculine.
6. **Prada Candy rrp$89.00 – Believe it or not, this is the one fragrance that while I absolutely LOVE, I’m allergic to. Yes, I actually break out into a rash each time I use this. Good thing, it was only a sample. But, I love the powdery scent of Candy. It has a rich caramel scent with a nice mix of warm and spicy musk.
7. **Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb rrp$150 – The scent that started my obsession with Viktor & Rolf’s fragrances; Flowerbomb. I love the mix of bergamot and green tea and the lovely floral scents of jasmine, rose, freesia, orchid, just to name a few. The powdery notes help to soften the sweetness, a common trait with most of the fragrances I love.
That’s the gift guide round-up of beauty, skin and body care as well as fragrance. Just a note though, Priceline is having a discount on some of the fragrances I’ve shared, so the actual price would be lower than the ones I’ve stated above.
**Denotes affiliate links.