Back to Mood Board Monday this week and the theme is Neon. Darn it, should have done last week’s as the theme was “Green” and that would have been a lot easier than neon. You see, the neon trend was huge late last year and this year. It was EVERYWHERE! But, being the typical “classic” chick, I stuck to accessories to get my neon trend going. With necklaces and bracelets, it’s easy to join in the neon trend. So now that the neon trend is almost walking out the door, how can you still incorporate it without looking like a has-been?
I’ve collated a few options, still sticking to accessories, a few fashion picks and nails.
- This simple beaded necklace will give your outfit a nice burst of colour without overpowering your look. Love the simplicity of this necklace from Lizaslittlethings on Etsy.
- These neon coloured leather cuffs from Safarisister are perfect for when you want to add something funky, edgy but still fun.
- This statement necklace just screams SUMMER! Imagine wearing this with a simple maxi dress for that balmy night out. DIVINE! I’m loving the neon ombre on this elaborately designed necklace. It’s like a mix of “classy” with “fun”!
- Want an understated way of wearing neon? This white bucket style bag has a stunning neon pink lining and strap, giving you the perfect summer look.
- You don’t need to stray away from classic styles thanks to the mix of neon and lace like this Mossee black lace skirt with orange underlay.
- Another elegant piece that mixes neon with lace is this dress by Dorothy Perkins.
- Decorating your nails is another fun way of adding neon to your colour scheme. Not too keen on nail art? Try glitter nail polish with neon pieces through it! Either layer it over another nail polish colour or wear it directly on your nails.
- Chevron is huge at the moment, so what do you get when you mix the chevron print with a neon shade? A super trendy tote!
- Last but not least…how can you go past this exquisitely done ombre neon nail art! Created by French nail blogger Didoline, this just reminds me of those gorgeous tropical sunsets…sigh…
Check out what the others have got on their Neon themed Mood Board:
*All links except for no.9 are affiliates.